Are these seriously the new NFL uniforms by Nike?

King Ing November 19, 2010 31

When the NFL announced that Nike would take over the rights to design the uniforms in 2012 I would have guessed they would have gone with an edgier look (for example Oregon Ducks). But if these photos are actually the new apparel I underestimated what they were thinking.

Thoughts?

Pittsburgh Steelers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Houston Texans

Tennessee Titans

Minnesota Vikings

1. Jay November 19, 2010 at 5:56 pm -

I really like them!! Some weeks the NFL will do the throwback uniforms, but for some teams like the Panthers (my favorite team) I know I know save the comments…. Like I was saying for the Panthers and Jaguars and some other teams there are not throwback uniforms so maybe do these uniforms one week of the year.

2. Juan November 20, 2010 at 2:01 am -

I doubt these are real…

Nonetheless I personally like my teams uniform, the Raiders… >=-)

3. chacne November 21, 2010 at 4:38 pm -

the jags and the panthers hav like the coolest ones

4. John November 22, 2010 at 4:45 am -

NY Jets great new look; NY Giants great but needs a bit more white on pant (helmets outa sight!); Philly Eagles, Great Uniform, excellent new look and still says Eagles; Steelers, Naw!!; Wash. Redskins Naw!!get rid of plain red pants and yellow jersey!! Colts absolutely great looking all the way!!; the rest some have made some good new look changes, others have have been taken over the top like New England too much flag stuff let colors do the talkin'; Jags with the leopard skin look on the jersey looks terrible; Raiders could be a black and white or color photo, it’s the same, so what!! Steelers Again NAW! NAW! back to the design room. All in all Chicago for example needs a new look, as do all the teams, new uniforms make a great different in the appeal of a team from a fan perspective and gives a new identity to major league football that could use all the help it could get at the moment. College football is much more, but really much more exciting to watch now-a-days. A new look, new perspective would go along way to start a new era, and a new “season” for Pro Ball! John

5. steven November 25, 2010 at 9:07 pm -

I think theres a possibility these could be real they obviously leaked out of somewhere not just some dude making it up nike just threw this out there not claiming it to see what the fans think and get there approval first if they get a lot of good reports and people actually like them i think we could see these uniforms out there in a couple of years. I mean why not they do throwbacks why not go futureistic looking im all for it they look sick especially carolina panthers you cant go wrong with blue black and silver

6. Tyler March 20, 2011 at 5:15 pm -

I love the new raider uniforms, my fav. team, the plain jerseys weren’t doing it for me anymore. And thank god that the cowboys finally could be getting new uniforms is good news because thoose white ones r so old. And the skins are boring and need to be altered a bit. I am a die hard raider fan and think that steelers jerseys no matter what they do suck. And honestly these ones suck alot so TRY and fix those ones but other the that there pretty good but I still think that some of these jerseys are over the top like the bengals pants. I mean what the he’ll r those!!!!!!!

7. tuna March 27, 2011 at 12:56 am -

MOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Lexis May 27, 2011 at 11:44 am -

the new jersey that look the best are the New York Jets with the throwback logo, The Chicago Bears, San Francisco 49ers, The Denver Broncos with the throwback logo, The Arizona Cardinals, The Carolina Panthers, The Baltimore Ravens, The Eagles and Falcons. They need to remake the Steelers uniform cause it looks terrible along with the Patriots, the jaguars, Redskins, Bucs, and Vikings.

9. ryan July 19, 2011 at 6:01 pm -

rank of how cool they are
    1st:patriots
    2nd:eagles
    3rd:vikings
    4th:redskins
    last:steelers

10. anthony July 25, 2011 at 3:10 pm -

i say do them. yea maybe just a few games out of year, but after awhile, lets make them permanent. the NFL is still going be the NFL, but with those new jerseys, we look like a new age, a new era.

11. judah December 1, 2011 at 1:15 pm -

1st: bengals
    2nd: patriots
    3rd:panthers
    4th: jaguars.
    last:browns

12. judah December 1, 2011 at 1:16 pm -

ryan is stupid

13. judah December 1, 2011 at 1:16 pm -

i am a boss
    ur are a loser

14. zroyal January 5, 2012 at 3:35 pm -

These jerseys would be sweet. I just want to know where the packers are

15. Jeffery January 5, 2012 at 4:49 pm -

personally i think the 49ers r the best my fave team. if i wer to rank id put
    1 49ers
    2 Jags
    3 Pats
    4 Giants
    5 Jets
    Last Steelers

16. T January 10, 2012 at 10:34 pm -

i think almost all of these uniforms look completely rediculus and retarded

17. Jordan January 27, 2012 at 4:28 pm -

Good God, please don’t let this happen. This would ruin football for me.

18. Keevee January 30, 2012 at 1:21 am -

The Chiefs would never change their uniform, yellow helmets? Ridiculous.

19. MarkDaShark February 2, 2012 at 4:59 pm -

Is this the USFL? The NFL is not the Oregon Ducks!

49ers fans fought hard to get the Original uniforms back. NIKE leave SF’s uniforms alone!!!

In San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Oakland and Green Bay fans want tradition.

Not these BS fashion designers wet dream.

Protest now fans, cause if they release these all hell is gonna break loose.

NFL do not let this happen!

-Concerned NFL fan

20. Bill Walsh's Legend February 2, 2012 at 5:27 pm -

I notice all they did was change the Chiefs and 49ers color schemes.

If you put the 49ers logo on the Chiefs Nike uniform and changed the undershirt to Red with two white stripes, the niners uni would look a lot closer to traditional.

YET IT WOULD STILL SUCK.

NIKE DON’T F’ The NFL’s Uniforms!

21. Charlie April 5, 2012 at 3:04 pm -

steelers look like hot dog vendors

22. big d n mississippi April 12, 2012 at 10:41 pm -

the best team my fav since 74 the steelers it
    looks like crap i have purchased afew jerseys in passed but i wouldnt dare get 1 of them they suck n the helmet does 2 leve my team alone

23. Jackson April 22, 2012 at 10:09 am -

My beloved Steelers uniforms are the worst for many years. They have some of the best colors available and there is so much that can be done with it, but they go with that pee yellow helmet with the two color shirt. No creativity at all. I’d like to see the No Fun League go with the above concepts, but this IS NOT what is coming. I saw the new ones and the only change is that they are tight fit. Tere are some stripe changes, but that’s it. Steelers need an all black with cobalt blue numbers, black pants, etc.

24. Garrett Hartfield May 2, 2012 at 10:26 pm -

The Steeler Uni looks GAY!!!!!!

25. Cardsfan1121 August 9, 2012 at 11:12 pm -

the cards uniform looks sick! the steelers sucks balls. end of conversation

26. muddydelta September 30, 2012 at 9:52 pm -

What the fuck is this shit??? nah they’re aite, the general feel of the look is cool, but there are still quite a few urks. The throwback look incorporation is always a plus but C’MON MAN! redskins no stripes, steelers no black helmet, oh how awful those yellow pants are on teams that aren’t pitt, leopard and shit on the jags, weird ass bengal pants, ravens with less black, the raiders look less intimidating, i don’t know what the fuck’s going on with a some of the color schemes. I don’t know for me, i’d prolly have to see more combos for home, road, alt, etc. GIMME SOME GRIT AND TRADITION!!! keep em’ tight, but dont make it so goddamn fashionista. can i get an amen?!

27. Beatrice February 6, 2013 at 4:16 pm -

I strongly think all the uniforms are ‘stylish’, make it more bolder, outstanding and on fire for the whole season. As soon as I saw this website, The San Francisco 49ers uniform especially caught my eye and yes, I am a huge fan of them! My only suggestion is perhaps keep the white pants and stripes black but other than that, it looks TIGHT! :-) Hopefully these uniforms come out next year for all the respect for the other teams! Go 49ers!

28. lucas crane April 22, 2013 at 3:01 pm -

Go Tebow if you stay on Jets you will have the best uniform int he NFL

29. Bill April 28, 2013 at 12:38 pm -

Remember that other pro leagues have had some over-the-top uniforms. The USFL had the Blitz with the stripes around the shoulder/chest area (borrowing from the CFL), the CFL had the Hamilton Tiger Cats, and the original Arena Football League had the “Zubaz” (zebra-striped) colors with teams like the New Orleans Night.

The WLAF had some unique designs with its European teams, especially toward the end in Germany, and the XFL had some attempts with the Birmingham Bolts.

30. Jackson July 4, 2013 at 1:00 pm -

Anyone else notice how all of the helmets are Schutt, not Riddell(the company the nfl has a partnership with)? Makes me wonder if it didn’t come from them…

31. old school August 17, 2013 at 10:32 pm -

I like tradition but I think they are going in the right direction. The game is changing. I think its a breath of fresh air. Steelers could do anything other than those big dumb bumble bee jerseys! Those by far are the worst I’vee ver seen . For the most part I like them myself. I think they look sleek.