Fight erupts at a G.W. Carver vs Valley HS basketball game

King Ing February 18, 2009 24

Last night a fight broke out at a basketball game between two high schools; G.W Carver and Valley High Schools in Montgomery, Alabama. It all started when Valley’s Enrique Florence fouled Carver’s Roquez Johnson with 6 minutes 23 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter.

Johnson then retaliated by shoving Florence. That is when both benches went crazy and the fans started charging the floor. The video below shows just how crazy it got.

1. Educated Person February 18, 2009 at 4:12 pm -

And people think chimps are violent and unsafe? I say everyone in this video should be shot. Idiots

2. Jeff February 18, 2009 at 5:05 pm -

Where all the white people at?

3. Big Wayne February 18, 2009 at 6:32 pm -

They hit the doors and went straight for their cars!

4. miss k.d. February 18, 2009 at 6:46 pm -

well the whole fight started with the carver team…. valley should still be in the play-offs if they are!!!! CARVER SHOULD NOT BE IN THE PLAY-OFFS!!!!

5. Lanier February 18, 2009 at 6:54 pm -

and they say Lanier kids dont know how to act (wow). and also EDUCATED PERSON

6. Lanier February 18, 2009 at 6:56 pm -

(CONT) WHY ARE YOU COMPARING THEM TO CHIMPS??? IS THAT A RACIAL REMARK?? IF SO YOU NEED TO BE SHOT

7. educated February 18, 2009 at 7:18 pm -

Yes, Chimps is a good comparison, only animals act this way. Only animals, its a shame over a high school basketball. Seems this kind of stuff always happens in the cities where people are slums

8. Kristin February 18, 2009 at 7:18 pm -

Why in ther world would anyone want to be a part of this. This is what we are teaching our children. So he hard fouled him for no reason, who cares. Take it like a man, be the bigger and better person and continue to play. Wait I have a better idea, lets all act like idiots and run the floor and starting fighting one another. That’s a great idea!!!! If I were a parent and saw my child act this way – I would beat their a$$^^^… They should watch this tape over and over again and arrest everyone on it for acting stupid!!!! You should have to pass an IQ test before you are allowed to play sports and apparently watch them too!!!! I’m so glad I moved away from Montgomery…….

9. Carver February 18, 2009 at 7:26 pm -

Wait a min. It was not Carver the boy fouled us first and our teammate retaliated then valley stands emptied and they came to our side. And when you’re gettin hit you’re not jus goin to sit there. And obviously Carver is smarter than lanier the reason bein out of all the nun magnet schools we were the only one that made AYP one of the top 25 schools in the nation and then our school is the only nun magnet that has a passing but they Dnt yap their mouth about that that part doesnt be on breakin news

10. Monkey Wrangler February 18, 2009 at 10:58 pm -

New Orleans after Katrina… Now this. It semms some people have a hard time being productive and responsible members of society. I have heard some say that this is a racist country because so many blacks are in prison. Is this video any evidence why so many end up in prison.

11. andy February 18, 2009 at 11:36 pm -

Anyone else notice that this crowd has something in common with each other? “You people” spend your whole lives fighting stereotypes, but you just keep fueling it. Big Wayne is right, if there were any white people there they did go straight to their cars…why? Because they know better!

12. Janie February 18, 2009 at 11:39 pm -

Which team is in the orange suits? I wonder how disciplined the coaches had the players? Evidently not much since they ended up in a brawl. I hope this typs thing doesn’t happen at any of the Tennessee tournaments. Our teams get technicals, but nothing like this has ever happened. Shame on both Alabama schools.

13. blaqnite February 19, 2009 at 6:34 am -

one im tired of all this bull shit about people saying that black people are animals. well i would rather be an animal than a coward. it is one thing for a man to not fight when he is confronted it is another for a man to not fight when his family or friend is confronted. there would be no hesitation in my mind if i saw somebody i cared about in this situation i would be right next to them backin them up. so MONKEY WRANGLER shut the fuck up and go suck your moms dick

14. blaqnite February 19, 2009 at 6:36 am -

fuck you too EDUCATED say this shit to a black mans face instead of online like some like pussy punk bitch

15. Graham February 19, 2009 at 7:34 am -

Hey blaqnite: If blacks don’t like stereotypes then they shouldn’t behave in a stereotypical way. Your race for the majority only fuels the fire of stereotypes. Low hanging pants, poor language skill, lack of education, inappropriate behaviour, etc. This video is another example of that. Every all out brawl in the stands I have seen is overwhelmingly black. When I played HS and college sports the only racism I ever encountered was by black athletes. Frankly, you will never rise until you learn to conform to societal norms, i.e. Obama. If you don’t like it than change and I mean good change not drag the rest down to your level. Grow up and be a man.

16. tibbytwo February 19, 2009 at 8:02 am -

you bunch of slum dogs are brought up in the ghetto thats why you act as a punk when something simple goes wrong in sports, you were raised as a monkey, you know I is right, thats why you cannot find a job and all you go to is prison !

17. Jake February 19, 2009 at 8:50 am -

Man everyone in this needs to stop being rascist about this… Grow up…. I’m a white guy and i would have done the exact same thing as the black people did in this video…. For one I go to valley, and if my friend or my little brother was out there getting beat down i would have been out there throwing down with everything i’ve got (similiar to the guy with no shirt on and valley shorts on that was fighting, he was fighting b/c his brother getting beat down). I for one think the fight was pointless to an extent, but for those of you who say that the black people in this video are idiots, There was just as many white people out there fighting as well, this is not just a black thing. if those of you who say the people in this video should be shot, What would you do if a family member or a friend was getting beat down by someone. Whould you stand there and watch them, or would you help them?

18. the 17 year olds February 19, 2009 at 9:34 am -

This is an excellent society of what our society is becoming. People are turning to violence more nowadays than anything. Why not Jesus? WWJD (What Would Jesus Do). Our world is not safe anymore. People are handling situations in all the wrong ways. This was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. I understand defending the ones you love, but this whole situation got out of hand, simply by just 2 people fighting. Look at what that created! And sometimes people wonder why there is still racism…look at what people are displaying! do you think that if martin luther king or any other person that worked hard for the freedom of blacks could look into the future and see this kind of stuff happening between us that they would have worked so hard and risk their lives for this? I dont think so! so we should all take this in consideration and remember those who died for us so that we could have peace.

19. Big Ed February 19, 2009 at 10:00 am -

Valley is gettint good at this. A year ago, one of the “ladies” on their girl’s basketball team clocked one of Houston Academy’s girls in the middle of the game on the court. Apparently they teach Tae-Quan-do basketball at Valley, and teach it to both girls & boys teams.

A note to the Valley High Schol Administration: Ditch the Basketball team, and start a wrestling team. Or better yet, boxing.