Tiger Woods might be the worst tipper in the world

King Ing February 4, 2009 32

twoods

While Tiger Woods is the best golfer in the world, Page Six tells us one thing he isn’t great at and that is leaving a gratuity.

“While he may have a golden grip on his golf clubs, he has a pretty firm grasp on his wallet, too. “Whenever Tiger was in Las Vegas, there was a woman who would hang out with his group, sort of as a local guide,” says our source. “They would have a great time but Tiger never tips. Ever. She had to stop going out with him because it would cost her three or four hundred bucks every time they went out, since she had to keep tipping for him. Even though he paid the bill, people knew her, so [to not leave a gratuity] would reflect badly on her.”

I hope this isn’t true. T, don’t you know that restaurant workers mainly get paid off the gratuity. Don’t make me root for “Shovelface Phil” Mickelson.

1. Captaincrunch February 4, 2009 at 1:17 pm -

Stop knocking Mickelson! The man is extremely generous and knows how to tip.

2. prince February 4, 2009 at 1:33 pm -

FOR PEACE SAKE,WHAT IS TIGER THINKING?
    DO GOOD BEFORE YOU DIE, HELP THESE LOW PAID PEOPLE SO THEY CAN PAY THIER RENT, MY GOSH.

3. pdxmx February 4, 2009 at 11:59 pm -

Oh yea, the next club Tiger goes to will be a first. Fluff…go talk to the media.
    Complete dog shit. Phil thinks this story sucks.

4. spot on February 5, 2009 at 8:09 pm -

Woods has absolutely no use for the fans, while Phil, like Arnold Palmer, goes out of his way to be courteous and responsive to fans. I like to watch Woods play golf, but have no respect for his lack of people skills.

5. sam February 6, 2009 at 7:23 am -

Tiger donated millions to The inner city and millions to built the Tiger Wood Center for kids

6. McKao01 February 9, 2009 at 7:57 pm -

Quite a few years ago after Tiger won at Firestone by about 12 (the last hole he birdied in the dark), I was sitting in Starbucks in Canton, OH when Tiger walked in and waited in line for a tea. He paid his $1.87 with a $100 bill and left 13 cents in the jar for a tip. Talk about lousy PR, everyone was shocked that he could be so cheap!

7. kdx man March 8, 2009 at 9:38 am -

you all crack me up… everyone is getting on this mas case for his tipping practices. People, tipping is a GRATUITY not a mandatory thing. I myself am a middle class worker that tips well when I get good service. The problem out there with most employees, and I say most, is that their work ethic sucks, but yet they think that just because a customer is in their station, they deserve this massive tip. Word to the wise… you want a good tip, work for it. No i mean really work for it…

8. whitedude March 27, 2009 at 3:48 pm -

tiger woods only gives money when he can write it off on his taxes. the guy is a total scumbag and i hope he never wins another tournament again. he is bad for golf and a terrible person that is destimed to spend eternity burning in hell

9. kevin May 12, 2009 at 8:07 pm -

I am in Poker Dealer school in Vegas right now and one of our instructors said he is a tightwad and does not tip at the tables when he is gambling. The guy is almost a billionaire for gods sake. I hope he gets @ss cancer.

10. Mark July 3, 2009 at 12:18 pm -

My Brother works as a Limo Driver in Hawaii. Mickelson and woods both got off their planes at the same time. Mickelson was handing out $100 bills to everyone, Woods ignored everyone and went striaght to his limo. My brother was unlucky enough to have to drive Woods. Needless to say by brother never got a penny from woods. He also got stuck driving Woods back to the airport…with the same results.

11. john August 10, 2009 at 10:24 pm -

I’m also limo driver, drove mr woods few times. He never ever tips including servers! Keep in mind the big tippers are usually the hard workers. This guy plays golf for a living!

12. leeroyrocks December 2, 2009 at 4:54 pm -

Tiger sux..he is all about Toger he is an assclown..went to school with him he has always been an assclown

13. Jerry December 2, 2009 at 6:04 pm -

It’s not Tiger’s job to pay your salaries. What are you, a bunch of socialists?

14. Mike December 3, 2009 at 5:19 pm -

TIGER WOODS IS A COMPLETE CHEAP STIFF. I HAVE DEALT WITH HIM SEVERAL TIMES AS A LAS VEGAS PARKING ATTENDANT AND HE TIPS NO ONE.

15. not telling December 9, 2009 at 9:43 am -

why do people get so bugged about things like this! its only tipping!! Look at the picture he does charity work for god’s sake!!!

16. Public Opinion December 13, 2009 at 12:52 pm -

What an absurd way to behave? PR – pricless, Not tipping – unforgetable & fodder for the media to incessantly promote. Not to mention that the few dollars that mean so much to people who rely on tips to survive are like pennies to some one wealthy. Sponsors – your golden boy not a tipper among other sordid things.

17. The Guys At Doral December 16, 2009 at 7:02 am -

WGC Doral Championship: Tiger Woods NEVER leaves a tip for any of the locker room staff or valet attendants. Phil Mickelson ALWAYS leaves $4,000 to $5,000 (win or lose) to split with the three guys working the locker room. After practice rounds Phil stays and signs autographs until EVERYONE who wants one, gets one. Tiger signs a few and hustles off. Vijay cheap with autographs too. Ed Ames refuses to sign autographs (who wants his anyways?).

18. The Guys At Doral December 16, 2009 at 7:04 am -

Make that Stephen Ames.

19. hugh December 23, 2009 at 10:22 pm -

From what I’ve heard (if true), Woods will be charging for his autographs(a la Pete Rose)after his estranged wife takes one half of his $500,000,000.00.

20. SuzeB May 24, 2010 at 4:21 am -

“It’s only tipping”….”work harder for it”….”looking for others to pay your salary”.

Obviously these people don’t understand the service industry in the US.

Servers make $3.65 per hour (last time i was a server) which just about covers the taxes.The government actually assumes that the tips will cover the rest to make up minimum wage. Assumes.
    More often than not our checks were $0. Tipping is the only way we pay our rent, pay for school, feed our children.

Sure it could be different and servers make a fair wage, but it’s not and i believe most people know this. If you can’t afford to pay for service get your food to go and clean up after yourself.

I am no longer a Tiger Woods fan. I might even classify myself as a hater now. Ick. what an all around terrible person.

21. trent May 24, 2010 at 8:54 am -

tiger is a first class scumbag, all these people deserve handouts for just doing their job, why can’t he see this?

col_trent@yahoo.com

22. kadee May 24, 2010 at 9:17 am -

Tiger isn’t the only one…I waited on Johnny Bench once…he got fantastic service and he didn’t bother to leave anything either!
    Good thing he never returned to that restaurant…he wouldn’t have gotten any service! And management stood behind us on this..it was family owned!

23. dena duport May 24, 2010 at 12:55 pm -

Lots of articles out there on his tipping. Has he ever been asked about his tipping or not tipping habits by the press? Are they afraid to ask him? For a guy like him, 15% is like not tipping at all, let alone not tipping a dime. Tells you what and who he is. I enjoy watching him, especially now that he sucks. The golf gods are not through with him yet. He will never redeem himself. He is a lying scum bag. Thank God Elin is leaving him.

24. dave May 25, 2010 at 12:47 am -

you don’t have to be a “Socialist” Jerry, you ass-hat. We all know 15% is customary. Even 20% would be appropos for the treatment that I am sure TW gets (or once got before word got out he was a cheap ass kike).

25. thomas May 25, 2010 at 2:51 am -

Its a personal choice. And one that does reflect badly. One that seems to scream “no humility”.
    But the tipping culture of the US is getting pretty bad. If Starbucks had table service, I might consider tipping. Going out to a dance club at night and the girl who takes your money for the cover charge has a tip jar..now thats audacity!

26. Mel May 29, 2010 at 3:33 am -

If you can’t afford to tip, you can’t afford to go out. Keep your cheap arse at home..! There is no excuse for not tipping unless you’re cheap. None.

27. JackT June 22, 2010 at 8:08 am -

When I worked as a Nightclub Bartender in NYC and someone came in and didn’t TIP, I said nothing. (Although, one time I threw a quarter at a Lawyer who left $.25 on a $50.00 tab). BUT, if they came in EVER again to my club, I made their drink and put a few drops of bar soap on top of the drink. One sip and 20 minutes later, they couldn’t even get out of the bathroom, never mind my club. Violent Diahrea!!! After that, they NEVER came back a third time!!!! I only WISH that Tiger Woods would have come into my club!!!! I would have taken care of that cheap coon.

28. colon trent July 5, 2010 at 11:26 pm -

i want tiger wood
    col_trent@yahoo.com

29. colon trent July 10, 2010 at 4:03 pm -

col_trent@yahoo.com says: I want to bear tigger’s love child