This week Jimmy Fallon from SNL-fame joined the growing number of celebrities and athletes, such as Shaq and Lance Armstrong, who are using Twitter for self-promotion. If there’s anything that I’ve learned from following these guys, it’s that Shaq is in love with himself (and can’t spell) and that Lance Armstrong has found that Intimdation = Twitter + Cameraphone.
If you follow Lance, you’ll know that:
- Nike made a new mold of his foot for a custom shoe
- Trek has built him a new bike
- SRAM is designing new components for him. (btw – what happened to Shimano?)
- His workouts are harder and longer than yours
- He’s been drug tested at least 10 times
- And in his down time he’s kicking it with Bill Clinton and working for his foundation.
For his competitors, this has to be completely demoralizing, because you can tell he’s is going to win the Tour de France just by reading his stupid Twitter page.
Check out Lance’s prep-work below: